It is very important to have a paid advertising strategy for your business. However, you need to identify your goals and budget. Also, organic marketing is important but very hard to accomplish when you don't have a lot of presence yet. I would love to hear more about your business. Please contact me!
Report PAULINA's answer
Marketing is critical. I like to say you can have more success with a C grade business concept and A grade marketing than someone with the opposite. Why? Because the C grade business concept has the right things; right. Which is people know of them! You want when someone considers your service they know of your business. Having the right marketing strategy is the difference between the life and death of your business. Believe me, I have made the mistake in the past. Now we research our marketing and create a plan first. Also you don't want to be blind sided and learn that to reach the heights you want your marketing budget needs to be way higher than you initially anticipated. The medical field tends to pay higher per lead for paid advertising. All in all I would recommend researching this first and figuring out how you acquire customers the best for your niche. Sometimes that is paid advertising and other times it is a combination. Paid advertising is an accelerator when done right.
Report Ivory's answer
Echoing the responses above! What exactly is your start-up's business focus? There are so many available resources to begin promoting your business through digital media. The power of audience targeting ensures that your ad will reach the right person at the right time. For example, if your business is focused on fitness, you can target people who have recently searched for exercise content or workout equipment. Here are a few tips to get started!
- Develop a strong landing page or social account
- Design a variety of advertising assets for different placements with specific "calls to action" (ex: if your goal is encourage people to like your page, make sure the button indicates that)
- Define your target audience and their unique behaviors: Example if you are a dermatologist then you can target users who are searching skincare products or videos.
- Opt for a Cost-per-click payment model rather than a cost-per-view model so that you can use your budget most efficiently.
- Test!! Start with a small budget with a very specific goal and then assess if this worked well for you, or if you need to revisit your strategy.
If you need more help, check out this great resource from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/business/ads-guide
Report Rebecca's answer
Are you talking about a medical private practice. That has high barrier to entry since you need a MD degree to start such a business in the USA. I have a medical practice. We spent maybe $200/month on marketing in the few months, and then realized quickly that it's a complete waste of money because people start finding doctors from an insurance directory, which is free. I can go in more details about that, if it is a medical private practice you are talking about.